Office Administration (with Legal and Medical Studies)
This course will equip learners with a high standard of administrative, business, legal, medical and essential IT skills for the modern office. Learners also gain a range of transversal skills such as organisational and communication skills, which are highly sought after by today’s employers. Learners are introduced to the world of legal and medical practice. Legal studies enables learners to get an overview of legal principles and procedures. Medical Terminology provides learners with the theoretical knowledge and practical skills required to pursue an administrative career in healthcare or related fields.
The course is aimed at:
• School Leavers
• Those who have been in the workforce before, but now need to update and develop new skills
• Those who wish to acquire IT skills for the first time
• Those who wish to defer a college place in order to improve their IT skills
On completion of the Level 5 course, learners have the option to progress to the Level 6 course in Administration at DFEi, where learners will acquire advanced IT skills and the knowledge and capacity to work at supervisory level.
One of the following:
• Leaving Certificate Established/ LCVP
• Leaving Certificate Applied
• Relevant Level 4 QQI Award
• Mature applicants are welcome
• Information and Administration
• Word Processing
• Text Production
• Payroll Manual and Computerised
• Bookkeeping Manual and Computerised
• Audio Transcription
• Legal Practice and Procedures
• Medical Terminology
• Work Experience
• New ECDL
ICS Skills: New ECDL
Special Features (New ECDL)
DFEi: Graduates may progress to the QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Administration at DFEi.
Elsewhere: Graduates are eligible to apply through the CAO and/or the Higher Education Links Scheme to a range of higher certificate and degree programmes, at both Universities and Institutes of Technology.
Due to ongoing developments in QQI, award names and content are subject to change.
Higher Education Links Scheme